RIDER ALERT ... there will be normal service on
Presidents Day, Monday February 18th
WELCOME TO THE CURRENT
THE CRT MISSION:
TO PROVIDE A SAFE, RELIABLE AND EFFICIENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM THAT SUPPORTS ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITY AND QUALITY OF LIFE FOR THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE
CRT is an innovative, financially stable organization and a transportation leader in the state of Vermont. CRT promotes job growth, reduces the carbon footprint of the traveling public and connects people to critical community services and jobs.
At CRT we believe :
1. .That transportation is the means to life's basic
needs - health care, shopping, school and jobs
2. That an organization must do GOOD to do WELL
3. That our work plays a huge role in keeping
4. That we must remain entrepeneurial and
innovative, while taking risks prudently
5. That we MUST live the Motto of "Provide the
Ride" for everyone on a daily basis
WE PROVIDE THE RIDE!
Whether you live in Windham or Windsor County, or you are visiting Southeastern Vermont,The Current will take you where you need to go conveniently, economically and on time! Ride the Current commuter buses, rural town connectors, small town shuttles, In-Town bus or Dial-A-Ride curb to curb service in our small buses or with The Current volunteer drivers in their cars.
Connecticut River Transit (CRT), now doing business as The Current (CurRenT -- still CRT!), was established in 2003 as the private non-profit public transit provider for Southeastern Vermont. Your contributions make sure The Current can utilize state and federal funds for the transit program to provide over 200,000 trips, and, channel over $3 million into the local economy annually.
IT'S EASY TO RIDE THE CURRENT.
1. Arrive at the bus stop about 5 minutes before the scheduled arrival. Be sure to check the destination sign on the front of the bus.
2. PLease have your exact fare ready as drivers cannot make change
3. Hop on the bus at a scheduled stop ... OR
4. If you see the bus you want to ride and you are not at a stop, you can WAVE DOWN the bus. If it is safe to do so, the driver will pull over .
Why Donate to The Current?
See how you can help keep the wheels of
The Current Rolling!
|About Us | Bus Information | Community | News & Resources | Contact
Copyright 2009 The Current, Operated by Connecticut River Transit